Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

Goodbye summer...Hello September...



Hello my lovelies! Today's post is bittersweet...I have so enjoyed the balmy days of summer, so it is with a heavy heart that I look to September! The temperatures are changing, days are drawing in, and the children are getting ready to step onto the  'back-to-school-treadmill'! But, it's brief...I only need to cast my mind to all the goodness that comes with the month that leads us to autumn...crunchy, rusty leaves under foot, wholesome orchard offerings such as black berries, plums and gleaming apples, ready for the picking to create hearty apple pies and crumble puddings, jams for the store cupboard, and fresh fruit for the fruit bowl. 



I love that soon, I will be wrapping up in a woolly blanket, fingers hugging a warm cuppa, book on my lap, mind drifting off to new adventures...



The changing season will bring with it candle lit evenings around the record player, listening to Prokofiev's 'Peter and the Wolf', whilst sipping hot, marshmallowy chocolate, waiting for the deep, harrowing sounds of the three horns to get us all shouting...'watch out Peter, the wolf is coming!' We have already indulged in this past-time...a lazy pyjama morning before the mayhem commences!


































There will be sewing...A LOT of sewing...


































...and baking...


































So, perhaps the heart need not be so heavy at bidding summer farewell...After all, it will return again. But for now, it is....


































Blessings






2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful images and tribute to the handing off of one glorious season to another.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. ove the blog, sure .com always be around .. I invite you to meet my little corner too, .compartilhamos the same taste, following .beijos you

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!