Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

For the love of books...

I'm feeling a little rough around the edges today...nursing a nasty cold. There is only one thing for it...


























 Oh yes I do...I believe in well thumbed pages, printer's ink on paper...not gadgets and gizmos, for they fail to lift my romantic soul...




 Don't get me wrong...if reaching for a Kindle means that my child is going to explore and embrace the written word, then that's a good thing. Whether it's a hardback or an iBook, as long as they develop a nose for exploring the freedom that fiction and fantasy can bring, I don't really mind. But for me, nothing beats a proper book...I'm a little old fashioned like that...







But imagine my delight, when my eleven year old's face lit up in the thrift shop...She had discovered a book from her favourite Enid Blyton series...printed in 1951. She insisted on spending all her pocket money on a well-loved book! Well, this little apple doesn't fall far from the tree!


























I'm off to bury my nose in a book now...Till we meet again!

Blessings
Tania ♥

5 comments:

  1. Loved this! Enjoy your time with your books and I hope you emerge feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tania, it's lovely to see a child with their nose in a book! I remember when I used to spend all my pocket money on Enid Blyton books too ... a Kindle just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid!

    Love this post ...

    From one bookworm to another xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! and totally agree with you! Nice to see you have one of my favourite books..ever..''Little Women''! that,and ''What Katy Did'',got me through my childhood ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, yes! I am a devoted fan of printed books and will be so long as I'm drawing breath. There is just no comparing to holding a physical book in your hand, savouring its weight, aroma, the feeling of the paper under your fingertips, every last element of it has been a part of the human experience for centuries.

    Sending tons of healing well wishes your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tania,

    The books by Enid Blyton where my favourites as well when I was your daughters age :-)! She has a good taste :-) Like you I prefer a 'real book' over a kindle edition. I suppose it's the romance of it all :-)

    Hope you will feel better soon. Take care!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!