Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Cardi Love...



At this time of year I always do a little stock take in my wardrobe. The spring/summer dresses and skirts are packed off to the back of Narnia, and they make room for tweed, cardigans and winter woollies. This year, I have decided to add some handmade accessories to jazz things up a little, paying special attention to my cardigans as I wear them a lot! Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration for me, and I'd love to share a few of my favourite makeovers with you. Now, I love wearing cardigans. But sometimes they look a little forlorn, like they need a little bit of sparkle or a dash of colour to cheer them up a bit. These are a few of the beauties I have discovered and bookmarked over time, and which are firm favourites on my 'To Do List'!

PRETTY VINTAGE BOW by the lovely Mrs. B...I think a little Liberty print fabric and I'll be on my way!

 
 Sometimes those woollies just cry out for a fairy godmother to turn their little pumpkin faces into peachy perfect loveliness! A little change is always good, right? How about adding a ruffle? I found this very easy to follow TUTORIAL for adding a rather fetching ruffle...all you need is a little time, fabric, needle and thread. How hard can it be?
 
 
 







I think adding embellishments to a much loved cardigan is a super way of giving it a new lease of life. This BEAUTY is by far my favourite cardi makeover to date! So pretty! Perhaps a little more labour intensive, but definitely worth the effort!
 
Now, if there is one thing that makes my heart go giddy-up, it's lace, lace, oh yes...lace! I think it embodies femininity and girliness, and if I can add it to a cardigan I will, I will! How sweet are the pockets on the ANTIQUE LACE CARDIGAN REMAKE?
 
 
 
Hearts...one can NEVER go wrong with a little 'heartfelt' hearty touch to most things! And elbow patches on a favourite cardi or sweater...oh yes! JUST LOOK AT THIS!
 
 
 
Adding some floral to touches is a brilliant way to lift the look of , well, just about anything! I love this one by THE SISTERS FOUR.
 
 
 


I face a slight dilemma now... Where does one start with such wonderful, inspiring tutorials and ideas? Hmmm...I think it's time to get the cardies out and have a play! Have you been tickled by these? I would love to hear from you if you feel you might have a go, or perhaps you've done something like this already? Do share!
 
Blessings
 
 
Tania ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous cardies, loving the lace pockets!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria! Loving the lace pockets in a big way! Thanks for stopping by! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Thanx for following us! We loooove your blog, it looks so inspiring and pretty! And this post... I will put it on my 'things to do', amazing!

    Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello ladies! So glad you stopped by, and thank you for the follow! A huge big thank you for passing on the love on your fabulous blog too! Have a super week! Tania ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness I have a love affair with cardigans. I wear them all.the.time. These are some lovely ideas. I especially love the one with the felted hearts on the elbow. Just yesterday I was browsing around online and fell in love with one with hearted elbows but it was really expensive! I never thought of trying my hand at my own.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for popping in, and for leaving cheery comments! I have tried felting before, and it is really easy! Next time I'll just be a little more careful with the needle! :) You should have a go! Let me know if you do. I would love to hear if you do. Tania ♥

      Delete
  4. Ooh Tania, lovely cardies! I'm not great with the old needle and thread,but might give it a go ... Love the lacy pockets and the embellished one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do have a go! I think all it takes is a little patience and you're halfway there! All the best! Tania ♥

      Delete
  5. Hi Tania! Thank you for the feature and link back to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sachiko! You're welcome! My readers loved your beautiful cardigan! Tania ♥

      Delete
  6. OH..how beautiful and what great ideas.Thankyou for sharing. I love the embellished one with the lace ruffle.. Also the navy one with the lace.. Now these are too cute, It is fall here, and temps are dropping, I must go and take out the cardigans and coats.. And I will be working on them.what fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! I think that you could do wonderful things to cardigans with your sewing skills! Let me know how you get on! Blessings, Tania ♥

      Delete
  7. Such lovely cardigans, I do love a cardi when I can't decide on any other woolie to wear, or if its just slightly chilly. They can be sometimes a bit boring, so these techniques make them look great,
    Love Lil x
    www.littleliloflondon.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lil! I agree...cardigans can sometimes be a little boring, and hence I've been looking at ways to jazz them up! So far I've only ever managed one cardi makeover...more is sure to follow! Thank you for the lovely comment, and I hope you'll pop over again soon! Tania ♥

      Delete
  8. Such tremendously lovely cardigans! Cardis are a staple of my wardrobe (I wear one, all year round, more days than not), yet I don't have many that come close to being as beautifully embellished as these. I tend to be very shy when it comes to altering my clothes or adding to an existing piece, but I have been thinking lately that it would be nice to find some thrifted cardis for a song and perhaps try my hand at jazzing them up a bit (taking inspiration from this lovely post for sure!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Yip, I think a little thrifting for cardigans is on the cards for me too, and I will look for ones that lend themselves to little makeovers. Glad you feel inspired! Tania ♥

      Delete
  9. wow we love your blog, so glad we found you :)! And what a great ideas to make your cardigan looks so pretty and special :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello ladies! Thank you for the lovely comment, and for the follow! Hope to see you again soon! Tania ♥

      Delete
  10. Very inspiring! I love the cardi with all the felt flowers, but just wonder would it wash ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susanna! I too have wondered how well the felt flowers would behave in the wash...I suppose a very gentle handwash would be recommended! Thank you for stopping by and for saying hello! Tania♥

      Delete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!