Pages

Saturday 16 June 2012

Sweet, sweet Saturday!

Oh, I do love waking up on a Saturday morning! No rushing to be at the school gate...no last minute frantic searches for school jumpers and hollering at the children to hurry up and clean their teeth...Just leisurely cups of coffee and cuddles with the children under the duvet! We've had a lovely day of just that! And I love the spontaneity that Saturdays bring, you know, deciding at the drop of a hat to pop in to one's favourite little shops for a spot of browsing, or a last minute cuppa with friends. Or, as the case was this evening after 'meandering round the streets of Pinterest', deciding to give that very tempting Nutella cookie recipe a bash! A friend had not long re-pinned this recipe, and I was in the car on my way to the grocery store to pick up a jar of Nutella. It requires no effort at all, and is a sure winner!

Now, the recipe includes sugar, but I left out the sugar as advised on Pinterest. All you need is a cup of Nutella, a cup of all-purpose flour (yes, plain flour!) and one whole egg. That's it! Mix it all together, really well, roll into balls, squeeze flat with a glass, and bake! (180C/350F for 7-8 minutes).
Voila!





There is only one thing left to say...The diet has been abandoned, and normal service will resume tomorrow! ...or on Monday...

If you feel a little peckish or need a quick chocolaty fix, this simple recipe is one to try. You won't be disappointed! ...well, the only disappointment might be not making a double batch!

Happy weekend!
Tania ♥

6 comments:

  1. Those look really yummy! I need to make them for our Father's Day celebration tomorrow. I love Saturday's too :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quick chocolate fix. Will have to dash out and get some nutella.
    Thanks for the recipe. Ali x PS Hope you enjoy Sunday as much as Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look scrumptious Tania, and with only 3 ingredients too, perfect! Thank you for sharing!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy in my tummy, they look good ;)
    We are going to a summerhouse in July, and I like to bring good and easy recipes, this one I'll bring this year,
    I'm sure they'll make everyone a bit happier.
    And yes, Saturday is sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, how yummy! This would be a fun one for me to use if I have an unexpected bit of company pop in. Thank you, sweet Tania!
    I'd imagine you are very busy these days with your kids home for the summer holiday. I'm sure you are having a lot of fun just enjoying their sweet little faces! I always loved having my boys off for the summer so we could go and do!
    Blessings and a happy upcoming week!
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello beautiful Tania, Your cookies look yummy! It sounds like your Saturday was fun sweetie! I do love days like that! Your photos are so sweet and charming! I hope you have a wonderful and happy week my sweet friend! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!