Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

A little forgotten project...

Hello me lovelies! Well, I hope you have all enjoyed the Easter weekend, and are making the most of the last day! And hopefully you haven't over-indulged in chocolate eggs like I have. I tried something a little different this morning for breakfast. A nice warm slice of toast, topped with creamy cheesy spread and dotted with a few mini candy coated chocolate eggs...yum...I kid you not! Anyway, I've been meaning to share a project of mine with you for quite some time now. It's something I made for Easter a long time ago, and I was so pleased with the way it turned out that it stays out all year round. It hangs on our kitchen door, and only gets put away at Christmas and Valentine's day to make room for other decorations.

You all know by now that I am a huge fan of Tone Finnanger's Tilda creations, and own nearly every book! Inspired by her lovelies, I decided to make a wreath for Easter by sewing components from her books, and teaming it up with a few other spring-like items I already had...

A few hearts in assorted sizes, teamed up with paper flowers...


A couple of twirly fabric roses and pearly pins...




































Little birdies and pastel eggs...


And voila! An Easter wreath to cheer things up!

Oh, and of course a bow to finish it off!

I was so pleased with how it turned out, especially as it was very inexpensive to make! This really appeals to my thrifty self! I used a Styrofoam wreath for the base, and merely covered it with a recycled skirt which I cut into strips. I then tied the strips around the wreath base, and added all the little extras. I have made a few variations since this one, and hope to share those with you too.

Happiness, joy, love and peace to you, wherever your feet may take you!

Tania ♥

3 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful Tania! I love your gorgeous wreath! I love Toni's books too and have almost all of them! You have inspired me to get them out and make some of her pretties! I love the eggs, birds, roses, hearts and bow! The paper flowers are so sweet and are the perfect touch! Thank you for sharing how you made this! You are so creative! I love that you used a recycled skirt to cover the wreath base! Very clever and thrifty! I look forward to seeing your other variations! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! What a blessing you are to me and everyone that knows you! I wish you happiness, joy, love and peace to you, wherever your feet may take you! Much love sweetie! xo~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS~ Your breakfast sounds yummy! My son would love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Tania,
    Oh..how darling! You have captured some of the sweetest sentiments of Spring! I adore the soft pink hearts, roses and birds on your wreath. You are a girl after my own heart with your love of thrift...I, too, enjoy the challenge of turning something old into a lovely new creation!
    I hope you are having a wonderful week, my sweet new friend!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!