Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Meeting the lovely Sarah Ruppin from Rehab Vintage

Hasn't the world become a small place! And by small I mean micro-scopic. We have the Internet to thank for that. Over the last year I have met some truly wonderful people from all over the world, be it via this little blogging world of mine, the fabulous photo sharing sphere that is Flikr, or the ever-growing tweeting world of Twitter. Not so long ago I started chatting to Sarah Ruppin, the lady that is at the helm of the very stylish Rehab Vintage, an on-line shop that sells some fabulous vintage/retro clothing and accessories. I visited her pop-up shop at Burwash Manor in Cambridgeshire in June, and just fell in love with all the gorgeous garments she had on offer. And meeting the lovely lady herself gave me the idea to introduce you to her, if you haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting her!

When I first met Sarah, she helped me out with a fashion challenge I had to do for Essentials magazine for Women. I had the pleasure of obtaining this wonderful, quirky dress from her. I just fell in love with it, and teamed it up with a scarf which came from her collection also. Thank you Sarah!

















A little bit about the lovely lady herself now! I asked Sarah a few questions, as I'm always interested in the person behind the great idea.
How did Rehab Vintage come about?
I have always had a passion for the fashion of the 1980's, which over time has developed into a wider interest in vintage styles from different era's. I used to be a window dresser for H&M, and I think that being a stylist has helped my eye develop for certain things which appeal to me. What started out as a hobby, and selling at Camden Market, has now developed into my own on-line shop. I have also started selling at Cambridge Market.
What are you most passionate about in life?
I'm the very proud mum of one, and my little boy is my biggest passion right now! I love him to bits! But, professionally speaking, I'm very passionate about fashion, jewelry (and yes, she does have quite a collection of fabulous proportions!), furniture, and of course my favourite era which is still the 1980's. My tastes are quite eclectic.
Who inspires you in life?
Hands down, I can say that my dad is my greatest inspiration. He came to the UK at the age of seven as a refugee from Germany, and managed to make a life for himself here, against the odds. This determination in him is what inspires me to follow my dreams. Of course a girl has to have some style icons too, and mine are the very beautiful and talented Chloe Sevigny, Fearne Cotton and Jame Winstone. I love their style and attitude towards fashion and individuality.
Where do you see yourself in five years from now?
My ultimate goal is first and foremost to be a good mum. I would love to also see myself in a bricks and mortar shop one day, where I can truly develop and share my passion for vintage and retro fashion with customers face to face. I adore clothes and styles from several different era's, and tend to gravitate towards the more quirky and unusual spectrum of these era's. I like things that are different, and think that different is good!

Well, I can't help but agree with Sarah. I have always believed that I can wear what makes me happy, what makes me feel good, even if it means bucking the trends! Individuality, like variety, is the spice of life! If you are looking for that one-off, special something to add to your wardrobe, I would urge you to have a look at Sarah's website, http://www.rehab-vintage.co.uk/, and grab yourself a piece of unique and beautiful vintage fashion history! And, if you happen to be frequenting the streets of Cambridge, why not pop by and say 'hello' to Sarah in person. You will find her in the Cambridge Market Square by the Guildhall on Mondays and Fridays where she runs her stall. Rehab Vintage also teams up with Jemporium to present 'The Vintage Basement' @ the Cow Pizza Kitchen and Bar, on the last Saturday of the month, 12-5. (Postcode: CB2 3QF) Here you will find affordable vintage clothing for guys and girls, so don't miss out!

I'd like to say a very big thank you to Sarah Ruppin, for letting me into her shop shed, and for sharing her style, inspiration and time with us. It has been a pleasure to meet with her, and I look forward to seeing what's going to come from this delightful shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!